REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES The following duties are typical. Incumbents may not initially perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices. 1. Sewer and Water SystemsOperate and maintain the City sewer and water systems in a manner compliant with all State and Federal laws, regulations and directives.Repair/replace defective parts in the systems immediately upon notification or discovery. When repairs exceed ability, the Mayor shall be contacted and a decision will be made as how to perform the needed work/repair; Document all repairs and submit information/reports to City Clerk for filing;Collect and submit monthly samples in accordance with State and Federal laws, regulations or directives;Read water meters and provide readings to City Clerk for billing monthly.
2. City Streets and AlleysPerform the various tasks associated with maintenance and operation of all City streets and alleys.Clear City streets and alleys of snow where possible and needed to facilitate emergency services, perform City business, provide access to businesses and residences;Sand City streets (especially at intersections with stop signs) when conditions warrant;Clear/clean storm drains associated with City streets/alleys;Patch potholes in City streets when discovered/identified, as conditions allow;Keep City streets swept and clean;Maintain all traffic control devices and street signs.
3. Fire Protection.Provide support to the Fire Chief to ensure the volunteer fire department is able to meet City needs.Ensure fire hydrants are installed in a professional manner;Remove snow around fire hydrants to provide accessibility.
4. Parks and Recreation.Ensure all City owned parks and recreational facilities are maintained in a professional manner. Watering, mowing, trimming, fertilizing, weed spraying/control, etc. shall be performed on all City owned grounds as identified/needed. Maintenance of facilities: plumbing, electrical systems, general repair, painting, etc. shall be performed as identified/needed.
5. City Owned Buildings/Equipment.Maintain City owned buildings in a neat and tidy manner both, interior and exterior.Operate and maintain City owned equipment in a professional manner;Service City owned equipment as recommended by equipment manufacturer.
6. Airport.Maintain the airport to meet State and Federal directives with respect to an airstrip of the size owned by the City. 7. Animal Control.Ensure facilities used to temporarily house animals meets established requirements. The City Public Works Supervisor shall attend the regular session of City Council Meeting on a monthly basis, to report conditions of the City. This will be uncompensated time.
QUALIFICATIONS The following generally describes the knowledge and ability required to enter the job and/or be learned within a short period of time in order to successfully perform the assigned duties. Education/Experience:1. High School with some secondary education/trade school certification is required.2. Excellent public interaction skills.3. Experience in operation/maintenance of heavy equipment is required.
Licenses/Certifications 1. Valid Sewer and Water System and Water Operators license must be obtained and maintained.2. Valid Idaho driver’s license is required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS 1. Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to discern verbal instructions and communicate effectively on the telephone and in person; 2. Sufficient visual acuity, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to comprehend written work instructions and review, evaluate, and prepare a variety of written/typed documents and materials; 3. Sufficient manual dexterity, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to operate equipment and personal computer; 4. Sufficient personal mobility, agility, balance, strength, and flexibility to work in an outdoor environment that requires sitting, bending, twisting, keyboarding, and occasionally lifting heavy objects;
It is understood that the above job description is not all encompassing. Additional duties and responsibilities may be added by the City Council or Mayor at any time.
POSITION TYPEExempt, Full-Time/Regular.
Approved: ___/S/ Wayne C. Olsen____________Wayne C. Olsen, Mayor 9-18-2020